This tool will help you work out if your home could benefit from solar photovoltaic (PV) panels.
Based on the information you give us, we’ll tell you:
- How much it might cost to install your solar panel system.
- How much money and carbon you could save using solar panels.
- How much money you could get from selling electricity to the grid.
We’ll ask you a few questions about your house and electricity use. It should take you around five to 10 minutes to complete.
Some questions will ask you about specific measurements:
- The size of the area where you want to install solar panels.
- If you have a pitched roof, and the angle of the pitch.
If you’re not sure about these measurements, choose the option you feel is closest.
It will help to have the following information ready:
- A recent electricity bill.
- Any previous quotes that show the size and cost of installing a solar panel system, if you have them.
Energy Saving Trust will collect the information you provide on the solar panel calculator to estimate the electricity
and savings that could be generated in your home. Your information won't be saved unless you choose to create and account